In the following list, some special courses are mentioned.
- Course in Art, Book illustration and Graphics
Contact : Shanker’s Academy of Book Publishing, 4-Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi-110002, Tel. : 23316970-74
- Master of Pharmaceutical Science
Mumbai Univ. and others. Entry on the basis of GATE Score
- M.Sc. Tech. (With Specialisation in)
(i) Fermentation Tech.
(ii) Food Tech.
(iii) Intermediate and Dyestuffs Tech.
(iv) Oils, Fats, Waxes Tech.
(v) Perfumery and Flavour Tech.
(vi) Paints Tech.
(vii) Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Tech.
(viii) Textile Chem.
Entry on the basis of GATE Score.
Contact : Mumbai Univ. and other institutes.
- Diploma in Environment Law (16 Months, 25 Seats)
Req. All Law students (in any year of L.L.B. / L.L.M.)
Contact : Centre for Environment Law, WWF India, 172, Lodi Estate, New Delhi-110003
- Associateship of Vasant Dada Sugar Institute (AVSI) (Sugar Cane Development)2 Yrs.
Req. B.Sc. (Ag.) Entrance test, Vasant Dada Sugar Institute, Manjad (BK) Tal,
Haveli Distt. Pune-412307
Simalarly, ANSI from National Sugar Institute, Kanpur (UP)
- Certificate in Soil and Irrigation Management (6 Months)
Req. B.Sc. (Ag.) / B.Tech. (Ag. Engg.), VSI, Haveli Distt. Pune-412307
- Certificate in Industrial Safety (1 Year)
Req. Degree / Diploma in Engg.
Contact : VSI, Haveli Distt. Pune-412307
- M.Phil (Planning and Development) (1 Yr. and 6 Months)
Req. M.A. / M.Com. / B.Tech. / M.Sc.
Entry through entrance est, or with valid GATE / UGC / CSIR Score, I.I.T., Mumbai
- Diploma in Athletics / Badmintion / Basketball / Boxing / Cycling / Football / Gymnastics / Hockey / Judo / Swimming / Lawn Tennis / Table Tennis / Volleyball / Weightlifting / Wrestling / Cricket / Handball / Kabaddi / Archery
Req. Graduation with Proficiency in sports, Age 23-35 Years, for male and 21-35 years for female.
Contact : Netaji Subhash National Institute of Sports, Patiala (Punjab).
- Ph.D. in Maths / Theoretical Physics
(Scholarship available, Funded by deptt. of Atomic Energy)
The Mahta Research Institute of Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, 10 Kasturba Gandhi Marg, Allahabd-211002
- Post M.Sc. Associateship Course in Physics (1 Year)
Req. M.Sc (Physics / Applied Maths / Engg. Science) Scholarship is available, Test in July / Aug. Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Sector-1, Block “AF”, Bidhan Nagar, Kolkata-700064
12, Post M.Sc. Accociateship course in Bioscience (1 Year)
Req. M.Sc. (Biophysics / Crystallography / Physical Chem. / Biochemistry / Molecular Biology), Scholarship Available. Test in July / Aug. Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Sector-1 Block ‘AF’, Bidhan Nagar, Kolkata-700064
- Post Graduate Course in
(i) Urban and Regional Planning
(iii) Environmental Planning
Req. B.E. (Civil / Architecture) / M.Sc. (Geog. / Economics / Sociology)
Contact : School of Planning, Ksturbhai Lalbhai Campus, University Road, Ahmedabad-380009
- M.Sc. (Bio-Chemistry), PGI Chandigarh
- M.Sc. (Pharmacology), PGI Chandigarh and other Institutes.
- M.Sc. Medical Technology (Pathology) PGI Chandigarh
- M.Sc. Medical Technology (Microbiology) PGI Chandigarh
- M.Sc. Medical Technology (Bio-chemistry) PGI Chandigarh
- M.Sc. Medical Technology (Pharmacology and Physiology) PGI Chandigarh
- M.Sc. Medical Technology (Radiology), PGI Chandigarh
- Diploma in Immunohaematology and Blood Transfusion, PGI Chandigarh
- Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing (1 Year)
Req. ‘A’ Grade Certificate or Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery plus 2 years experience as staff nurse. Central Institute of Psychiatry, Kanke, Ranchi-834006
- Diploma in Training and Development (Through correspondence) (18 Months)
Req. Graduation plus, 2 Years experience in Training / HRD function, Last date in May. Indian Society for Training and Development. B-11, Industrial Area, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi
- Master of Population Studies (1 Year)
Req. M.Sc. (Maths / Statistics / Economics / Scoiology / Anthropology / Psychology / Geography / M.Sc. in other subject with some experience in population or allied fields). 20 fellowships Available. International Institute of Population Science, Govandi Station Road, Mumbai-400088
- Associateship in Information Science (2 Yrs.)
Req. M.Sc. / B.E. / M.B.B.S. / B.Sc. / B.Com., Plus B.Lib. with 3 years experience in library. Indian National Scientific Documentation Centre, 14, Satsang Vihar Marg, New Delhi-110067
- M.Sc. (Audiology and Speech Rehabilitation) (2 Years)
Req. B.Sc. in Audiology and Speech Therapy or equivalant.
Contact : AYJ NIHH, KC Marg, Bandra (West), Mumbai-400050
- Courses and Careers in Tourism
(i) A basic course on Conferences, Convention, Trade Fairs and Exhibition Services Management, (10 Days)
(ii) A basic course on setting up of a travel agency and tour operation business. (1 week)
(iii) A basic course on media, public relations and effactive communication in tourism marketing (1 week)
(iv) A basic course on tourist transport business. (1 week)
(v) A basic course on Adventure and wild life tourism. (1 week)
(vi) A basic course in Air Travel Fares and Ticketing Management (1 Month)
(vii) A basic course in Air and Sea Cargo Services management (1 Month)
Contact : Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management, (Ministry of Tourism) at
(a) Acharan Building, Jhansi Road, Gwalior-470001
(b) 9, Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi-110021
- PGD in Software Engg.
Entry through test and interview. Indian Computer Software Academy, 277, 11, Main Road, 18th Cross, Malleswaram, Bengaluru-560003
- Master of Engineering in Manufacturing Tech.
Technical Teaching Training Institute, PGI, Chandigarh
- PGD in Guidance and Counselling (9 Months) International Diploma
RIE, Ajmer and other institutes
- Master of Design (M.Des.) in
(i) Industrial Design
(ii) Visual Communication
Req. (i) Graduation / B.E. / B. Arch. / NID Diploma
(ii) B.E. / B.D. Arch. / B.F.A. (Applied Art) / NID Diploma and GATE Score
Contact : IIT, Powai, Mumbai-400076
- Fellowship Programme (Eqv. to Ph.D.) in Bank Management
Req. M.Com. / M.B.A. / M.Sc. (Ag. Science) or Post Graduate qualification in Accounting / Regional Deelopment / Management plus one year research experience and throughout first class career. Scholarship for 3 years. National Institute of Bank Management, Kandhwe Khurd, NIBM Post office, Pune-411048
- PGD in International and Domestic Marketing (1 Year)
Entry based on aptitude test and interview. Req. Graduate
Contact : FORE School of Management, Adhitam Kendra, B-18, Qutub Institutional Area, New Delhi-110016
- Diploma in Transport Economics
Useful to Manager and Staff connected with all forms of transport projects.
Req. Graduate or Engg. Diploma holder - for correspondence with contact classes at Delhi or Chennai.
Contact : The Institute of Rail Transport, Rail Bhavan, Raisina Road, New Delhi-110001
- M.Phil. in Hospital and Health Systems Management (1 Year 6 Months)
Req. M.B.B.S. with 3-5 years experience or B.E. / B.Pharma / M.Sc., Plus 3-5 years experience in hospitals plus sponsored by their employer. Offered by BITS, Pilani in collaboration with CMC Vellore-632002 and Tulani University Medical Centre, U.S.A.
- Fellow Programme in Management (Eq. to Ph.D.)
Req. Second Class Master degree in any discipline / B.E. / B.Tech. (1st Division) Plus 2 years experience. Entry through common Admission Test in December. Scholarship available. Contact I.I.M., Vastrapur, Ahmedabad
- M.Phil. on Peace and Global Society
Req. High Second Class Post Graduate Degree.
Contact : Gujarat Vidyapeeth, Ashram Road, Ahmedabad-380014
- PGD in Earthquake Engineering (1 Year)
- PGD in Television Tech. (1 Year)
- PGD in Industrial Management (1 year)
Req. for Sr. No. 38, 39, 40, B.E. / M.Sc. in appropriate discipline
Contact : IIT, Roorkee
- PGD in Health Management (1 year)
Req. MBBS Plus Sponsorship. Contact : Indian Institute of Health Management Research, 1, Prabhu Dayal Marg, Sanganer Airport, Jaipur and other Institutes.
- Advance Diploma in Construction
Req. D.C.E. or equ. Contact : Centre for Environment Planning and Technology, Kasturbhai Lalbhai Campus, University Road, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad
- Master of Community Health (M.C.H.)
Req. M.B.B.S. + one year’s experience after internship or Master Degree in Nursing with one year’s experience in community health in nursing. School of Social Sciences, J.N.U., New Delhi
- Diploma Training Courses
(i) Agriculture and Soils
(ii) Forestry and Ecology
(iii) Water Resources
(iv) Coastal Processes and Marine Resources
Contact : Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Kalidas Road, Dehradun
- Diploma in Taxation Law and Practice (1 Year)
Req. B.Com. Contact : Gujarat University, Ahmedabad
- Part Time Courses
(i) Introduction to Fashion Art
(ii) Introduction to Droping and Puffing Marking
(iii) Fashion Art for Fashion Co-ordinators
(iv) Fundamentals of Apparel Marketing
(v) Fashion Merchandising - Principles and Techniques
Contact : National Institute of Fashion Technology, Gulmohar Park, New Delhi, Evening Classes during February - May.
- M.Sc. in Drugs Essay
Req. Ist class B.Pharma. / B.Sc. (Hons.) Biology
- Post Doctral Fellowship (PDF) (after Ph.D.) in
(ii) Development Studies
(iii) Comparative Study of Political Institutions
(iv) Science, Technology and Development
(v) Socio Economic and Socio Cultural formations in Historical Perspective
(vi) Science, Technology and Development
(vii) State Policies on Science and Technology
(viii) Methodologies and Techniques
Contact : Indian Institute of Advanced Studies, Rashtrapati Nivas, Shimla
- Certificate and Diploma in Hindustani Music (Classical, Vocal, Light Music, Sarod, Sitar, Table) and Dance (Kathak, Odissi, Bharatnatayam, Chhau)
Part Time and Full time. Age 10-30 years. Admission in June.
Contact : Shri Ram Bharatiya Kala Kendra, Copernicus Marg, New Delhi
- Executive Master in International Trade
No. of seats - 30 For senior executives. Eligibility Bachelor’s degree with minimum management experience of 5 years and company sponosorship. Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, B-21, Mahrauli Institutional Area, New Delhi-110006
- Post Graduate in Film Studies (3 Years)
Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Pilot Training for Women
No Separate Pilot Training college for women. Banasthali Vidyapeeth, Banasthali (Raj.) has a flying club where students can take training for student pilot licence (SPL).
- PGD in Social Journalism
Times Research Foundation Institute, Times House 7, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi-110002
- Specialist Development Programme in SQC and Operation Research (2 Years)
Req. M.Sc. / B.E. with (i) Diploma in SQC for ISI or one year’s PC Training in SQC in industries with adequate applied work.
Contact : Indian Statistical Institute, 203, Barrackpore, Trunk Road, Kolkata
- Certificate Course in Reprography (8 weeks)
Req. Sponsored Graduates below 50 years of age, National Archives of India, School of Archival Studies, Janpath, New Delhi-110001
- M.Sc. in Experimental Biology with specialisation in Ecology / Physiology / Endocrinology/ Desert Biology / Marine Biology / Microbiology
Req. Science Graduate. Contact : Saurashtra University, Rajkot
- M.Sc. Forestry Economics and Management (2 Yrs.)
Req. Bachelor degree in Science with at least one of the subjects namely Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Maths, Physics, Zoology or B.Sc. (Ag. / Forestry) with minimum 50% marks. Contact : Forest Research Institute (F.R.I.), Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun
- P.G. Degree Course in Fire Engineering (3 Years + 6 months Training)
Req. Ist class B.Sc. (PCM) Age 19-23 years. Height 165 cm.
No. of seat - 30. After completing the course candidate will become eligible for joining the fire services in officer grade.
Contact : National Fire Service College (Ministry of Home Affairs) Ambajhani, Nagpur (MS). The only one institute of its kind in India.
- Diploma in Labour Law and Practice (1 Year)
Req. L.L.B. or Master of Labour Welfare
Contact : Gujarat University Navrangpura, Ahmedabad - 380009
- P.G.D. in Counselling Psychology (1 Year)
Req. M.A. (Psychology), Gujarat University, Ahmedabad-380009
- P.G.D. in Space and their Applications (1 Year)
Req. B.Sc. (PCM), Gujarat University, Ahmedabad-380009
- DRDO’s Fellowship / Courses
Defence Research and Development Organisation, Ministry of Defence. Govt. of India gives the following fellowship of pm during the training and after completion of courses. Candidates are placed scientist “B” in any defence establishment. See the advertisement in Newspapers.
(a) Electronics Fellowship courses (1 Year)
Req. M.Sc. (Physics / Applied Physics) with specialisation in Electronics of B.E. (Electronics / Communication Engg.) Age not more than 26 years on 5th June.
(b) Gas Turbine Technology / Mechanical Engg. Fellows (1 Year)
Req. B.E. (Mechanical / Aeronautical)
(c) Senior fellowship course in Guided Missiles Technology leading to M.E. / M.Tech. Degree. Duration 1 Year 6 months.
Req. Candidate should cleared the admission test of M.E. / M.Tech. (GATE) for anyone of the Institute.
(i) IIT’s (Madars, Kharagpur, Mumbai)
(ii) Jadavpur University, Kolkata
(iii) PGS College of Tech. Coimbatore
- Master of Engg. in Manufacturing Technology (1 Year + 6 months) and Master of Engg. Education (18 months) (15 Seats)
Req. Sponosored polytechnic teachers / professional.
- Condensed B.Tech. (3 Years) in
(a) Mining Engineering Req. Diploma in Mine Surveying
(b) Mineral Engineering Req. Diploma in Maining / Mineral / Chem. / Elect. / Mech. Engineering + One year’s experience contact Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad-826004 (Bihar)
- M.Sc. Tech. in Applied Geology
Req. B.Sc. (Geology and any two subjects out of P.C.M.) Age Max. 24 years as on 15th June. Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad - 826004 (Bihar)
- PGD in Plantation Technology (1 Yr.)
Req. M.Sc. (Botany / Zoology / Chemistry) and must have studied Botany at Graduate level or M.Sc. (Ag.) with 50% marks.
Scholarship available. Contact : F.R.I., Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun-248195 (U.K.)
- Master in Personnel Management and Industrial Relation (2 Yrs.)
Req. not less than 65% in B.Com. / B.A. with anyone subject (Psychology / Economics / Public Administration / Social work of First class B.E. or 50% in M.Com. or C.S.)
- M.Sc. (in Anatomy/ Bio-Chemistry / Bio Physics / Pharmacology / Physiology) (3 Seat each)
Req. First Class B.Sc. (Human Biology / B.Sc. (Life Science / B.V.Sc. / M.B.B.S. / B.Sc. (Home Science) in the respective subjects. AIIMS, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110029
- M.Sc. in Wood Science and Technology (2 Yrs.)
Req. B.Sc. (PCM) or B.Sc. (Forestry) with minimum 50% marks. Scholarship available : Selection through National Test in May.
Contact : Forest Research Institute, Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun-248195
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (2 Yrs.)
Req. Graduation. The course comprise of four semesters of triple specialization. These specializations are offered in the 3rd and 4th semesters. Every student has a choice for two specialization and one super specialization. Dual specialization in HR, MM, FM, IB. Whereas super specialization may be in Insurance Mgt. / Retail Mgt. / Rural Business / Family Business / E-Business Mgt.
Contact : Vidya International School of Business, VKP Campus, Baghpat Road, Meerut (UP) www.vidya.edu.in
- Integrated M.Sc. in Photonics (5 Years)
After passing class XII
Contact : Kochchi University of Science and Technology, Kerla
- Post Diploma in Textile Processing (1 Year)
Req. Diploma in Handloom Technology / Textile Tech. / Textile Chemistry Textile Processing / B.Sc. (PCM)
IIHT, Chowkaghat, Varanasi-221002
- PGD in Mgt. (Agri. Business and Plantation Mgt.) (1 Year)
Min. 50% in Bachelor’s degree (Agriculture and allied sciences), selection on merit & CAT, score. Contact : Indian Institute of Planatation Mgt. Jnana Bharathi Campus, Bangalore-560056
- Courses in Industrial Safety Management
Contact : National Fire Service College, Nagpur, Delhi College of Fire and Safety Engg. New Delhi; College of Fire Technology Sanand, Ahmedabad; Institute of Disaster.
- Courses related to Tobacco Industry
(i) Agro-technology for Maximising FCV Tobacco Production
(ii) Tobacco Quality Evaluation
(iii) Integrated Pest Management in Tobacco
(iv) Soil and Water Analysis for Tobacco Production
Contact : Director, Central Tobacco Research Institute, Rajahmundary (AP)-533105 Tel : 0883-2448995
- M.Tech. (Leather Technology) (2 Yrs.)
Min. Qualification : B.Tech. (Leather Technology)
- M.Tech. (Footwear Science and Technology) (2 Yrs.)
Min. Qualification : B.Tech. (Leather Tech. / Mechanical Engg.)
- M.Tech. (Mechatronics) (2 Yrs.)
Min. Qualification : B.Tech. (Electronics / Mechanical)
Contact : Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute, Pilani-33031 and BESU, Shibpur (WB)